Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wednesday Letters: Twix

Wednesdays are the days when I write a letter to someone in my life (past, present, or future) and tell them something. Hence the title, Wednesday Letters.

Dear Twix,

I sure do miss you, my puppy. 

I miss how happy you were to always see me. I miss those brown eyes that were so expressive. You knew when you had done something wrong. It was apparent to everyone, including you. But you'd look at me with those eyes and I would want you to get punished.

You were always so happy to be around people and the cats. You never seemed to understand that some people were afraid of you. I know. Ridiculous. Afraid of Twix? It just wasn't right.


Remember how you learned to dive in the pool?
That was my favorite part of summer. Swimming with you.

Whenever I think about my future life, I always know there's going to be a dog in it. Somewhere. But I'm afraid to get another chocolate lab. Because I don't want her to replace you. But I don't think another dog ever will. You were with me for 15 years... pretty much my teenage years. And you still remembered me when I came home after living abroad for so long. 

Maybe I'll get another chocolate lab. But I promise not to name her after a candy bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment