Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday Stories: Oh the Arrogance...

Just last Sunday, I was invited to my friend's house for dinner.

En route to her house, I called my parents to have our weekly Sunday talk. I arrived before we had finished and so I parked and sat in my car talking on the phone. 

As we finished, I looked out the window to notice a young man staring at me. Not unattractive, but certainly not drop dead handsome (we're not talking Chris Evans, here...). He pointed up to the apartment and then to me. I hung up with my parents, and got out of my car.

Him: "Oh... do I know you?"

Me: "No."

Him: "So you're not Cassie?"

Me: "Obviously."

We both went up to Cassie's apartment. However, this guy made it a point to flirt with me. Being the only single girl besides Cassie, he sought to conquer. And although I did not desire his attention (and I only loved it a little bit until I realized that he was one of THOSE guys who wants all the girls to be in love with him), he certainly knew which buttons to push to make me blush.

As I left, he decided that he needed to give me a hug and to take a picture with me. 

I got into my car and wasn't thrilled by a new possibility... rather I was annoyed. Sure, I want to be won over, but not for the pride of being won over, but because I am wanted.

I hope I don't ever see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment