Saturday, May 26, 2012

Saturday Stories: Fool Me Once...

I just assumed that guys are smart. 

Need I mention that I have six older brothers. Six. 
I think I know guys. At least just a little.

I should probably mention that those six brothers have ruined all men for me...

But I just assume that if a guy says that he doesn't want to date you anymore, it means that he doesn't want to date you anymore.

Simple? Should be.

I did what I needed to do. Deleted him from Facebook (I didn't want to see pictures of him and his girlfriend). Stopped finding excuses to call him at work (wasn't that difficult...). 

I moved on.
I only tell the story to remind myself of how much better I can do.

Imagine my surprise this week when he calls me up and asks me out.

Say what?!

He wanted me to go shooting with him. 

I'm still trying to figure out what would possibly possess him to ask me to go someplace and arm ME with a gun with him in the near vicinity. Because remember? He told me that I was mean. A deadly weapon and a mean girl. Hmm... (We're grateful now that things ended. Really.)

Unfortunately, I had a meeting and was unable to accept his invitation.

I got to be nice and turn him down for a passive reason instead of the real reason—that I'm not going out with him again. Ever.

Maybe that's too harsh.

But he'll get over it.
Because I did.

"These things don't happen to normal people" is what my sister-in-law always says when she hears the latest dating story from my life. 
How true that statement is! I just keep looking for the humor...

No comments:

Post a Comment