Monday, August 13, 2012

Fresh Start

I'm actually always grateful when Monday comes around. 

I have more energy on Monday than I do on Friday.

Plus, I get to put the past week behind me. Wednesday was my death day last week.

I had to be somewhere by 3:45 AM. I had to drive myself. So that meant I had to be awake and take a shower before leaving on said adventure. 

From there, I returned home to nap, shower, and prepare myself for a wedding. Then I went into work again for another hour before trekking north. 


The wedding was lovely. The drive home at 9:30 PM was not. 

But while I was in the land northward, I stopped by one set of grandparents' grave. Grandma passed away in March and I haven't been to visit since. I don't do death or aging really well. But I went and had a long talk with Grandma and Grandpa. 

In all honesty, they probably thought I was silly to be sitting there talking with them. But I just needed to express some things out loud, without my friends listening. 

And I believe they heard and laughed with me and maybe shed a tear. 

But the best part of Monday? It's putting away all my worries from last week, and starting fresh again. No mistakes. Not a big to-do list. 

TGIM... Thank God It's Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment