Saturday, August 11, 2012

Saturday Stories: Flirting At It's Best

I have never been a good flirt.

I feel like flirting requires some serious confidence. Confidence that I sorely lack when it comes to dealing with boys. I have plenty of confidence as we sit and watch football or another sporting match and I rattle of the lingo based on years of observing my father watch my brothers and asking him questions. But having confidence to flip my hair and not feel like I'm losing IQ points—this is a problem.

So, after taking a year and a half break, I found myself surrounded by some guys. I was still unsure of the whole flirting business. I didn't know how to do it. One of the guys asked me if I was free sometime that week.

This is it, I thought. A guy is finally asking me on a date.

He smiled and said, "I need you to babysit."

My face fell. I was confused. "Babysit? Who?"

"Me."

No one laughed. He didn't even laugh. I'm still unsure whether he was joking or was serious. We didn't make any plans at that time. We never went out. 

And since then, I've tried not to be too harsh.

Although, a couple of weeks ago I was forced to sit through looking at comics while the artist looked on. I'm still not sure what he thought he'd accomplish, except to discover that I don't have his type of humor.

Also, remember nerdy boy from work? Perhaps we've been sharing an office for a month. And maybe I had to move offices on Friday. And maybe we are going out next Friday? (YAY!)

No comments:

Post a Comment