Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday Letters: Ode to My Bicycle

Dear Shirli (aka my bicycle),


I have been in love with you since my parents gave you to me for Christmas. We only rode together once, down to Lucy Q's house and I knew that we were going to be the best of friends.

February brought more sunshine and warmer weather (unusually warm) and a Saturday ride with some other friends. But then I put you away thinking that when it got warmer we'd take rides everywhere.

I failed in that regard.

Until a week ago this past Saturday. I pulled you out and we rode for maybe three miles. That was all I had time for. But since then, I've fallen back in love with you. We've already gone eight miles and seven miles another day. 

You really are my best friend and I hope for new rides. (Maybe I'm also hoping that you make my butt look tighter. Just sayin' it'd be nice.)

Love,
Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment