Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday Stories: Drummers always win

I was in love with a drummer once.

He was in a band in high school. I didn't meet him until my senior year. I still remember seeing his band play and thing he was so cute. I knew the lead singer from junior high and the bassist was in my physics class. So I got some cash and I bought a CD. 

When the drummer walked by, I asked him to sign my cd. He agreed. And when he looked down at me with those blue eyes and asked if I was THE Emery Scott, my heart fluttered. 

We had been childhood friends. Went to preschool together. He used to play with me and my twin. He knew who I was. He could describe the outfits I used to wear. 

For four months, I dreamed and crushed on this boy. This cut boy who knew who I was. I went to every show. I befriended the band and became their groupie, hoping that he would notice me.

That was 11 years ago. We became friends on Facebook, but then I decided that it's probably best not to try and continue to live in the past. So I unfriended him. (I'm particular about my friends on Facebook). 

But I still love to sometimes think of those blue eyes and that kind drummer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment