Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tech Tuesday: So, you have a blog

So you have a blog. 

You've been writing for ages.

And you just can't get any visitors?

Yep. I know the feeling.

Somehow, we've got it in our heads that the number of page views on our blog or the number of "likes" on Facebook have a place in determining our social networking self-worth. Because if you don't have these connections then you'll never make it.

Really? We're in junior high again? I don't feel good about that at all.

Fact: You control how many people can find you.

Fact: You can start making comments on other people's blogs. They'll visit yours. 

Don't believe me?

A while ago, I posted one comment on a blog about someone's visit to my home town. It was first thing in the morning and I simply wrote something about being jealous and how much I miss it. Hours later, I received an email response back saying that the blog author had checked out my own blog. How cool is that?! So maybe as people comment on your blog, you send them a note or somehow return the favor. 

Why? Because we're all about building relationships. 

The second way to have people find you is to use your labels on your posts. My friend told me, when I started this blog, that I needed to utilize this tool more so that people could find the blog. Maybe it hasn't helped a ton, but I'm sure it will, 

So, what are some ways that you have found to get visitors onto your blog? Share with the class.

And... Go!

1 comment:

  1. For the corporate blog I oversee, we're all about content. When we are provide unique and hard to find content, people find us. Find a hole and fill it - people will find you, they will tell their friends!

    ReplyDelete